[ the gwg | fanfics | Reunited ]

Reunited
Sara Hale

Editor's Note: This is an AU/Self-Insertion fic, but a pretty good one. Kinda sweet Trowa fic. Give it a try. You might like it. :P


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN: One of the main reasons I wrote this was because I noticed that there aren’t many fanfics with Trowa as a main character. I guess some people think of him as a character the creators made up just to be there & that the story really wouldn’t be any different without him. Well, fear not Trowa fans!!! Here’s a fanfic dedicated to just Trowa (well, & another character that I made up). I changed a couple of things, such as the age that Trowa leaves to become a Gundam pilot & another character. Enjoy!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trowa glanced up from his book at the woman leading in a young girl by the hand. The girl, looking about ten - two years younger than he was, had long light brown hair and sea-green eyes. She pulled on her collar, which was slipping off her tiny shoulder. The woman led her past Trowa; the girl’s eyes brightened when she caught the words “Gundam Pilot” on Trowa’s book.

-------------

The woman led the girl to a light blue room, where she took the girl to a bed beside a window, and put the girl’s small suitcase on the bed. The girl looked out the window and smiled when she saw a small dock extending out over a sparkling blue lake. The woman bent down on her knees to face the girl smiling.

“My name’s Ann. I work here at the orphanage,” she said. “So your name’s Trisha, right?”

The girl nodded, “Trisha Bonar.”

Ann stood up. “This will be your new room. You’ll share it with six other girls who are about your age,” she said as she started to leave. “I’ll let you unpack by yourself. If you need me just call.”

Trisha watched her leave then carefully opened her suitcase. She took out her clothes and put them in the white dresser beside her bed. She picked up some books from her suitcase, most of which had the word “Gundam” in the title. She opened one of them, How to Build a Gundam, and read the familiar handwriting on the inside cover.

My dear Trisha,
I will miss you terribly while I am gone. I hope this book will help you achieve your dreams someday. I’ll be back soon, I promise.
Love, your father,
Adam Bonar

Tears filled her eyes. He had left to help repair and build Gundams, but he had never returned as he had promised. She put the books in the drawer then reached into her suitcase and pulled out a small box. She carefully opened it, revealing a blue and gray Gundam model. She smiled, thinking of her father before he left, but quickly put it back in the box when she heard the door open. In the doorway stood three girls of Trisha’s age, one with short blonde hair, one with curly blonde hair, and the other with long black hair. Trisha smiled as they ran towards her. The girl with the short blonde hair waved.

“I’m Hannah,” she said.

“I’m Melanie,” the girl with curly blonde hair said.

“And I’m Ami,” said the girl with long black hair.

Hannah grabbed Trisha’s hand, “C’mon, we’ll show you ‘round the orphanage.”

-------------

“…An’ that’s the kitchen, and this,” Hannah said as she stepped into the large room Trisha had walked through earlier, “is the living room.”

Trisha looked around the room and smiled when she saw the “Gundam boy,” as she called Trowa. Ann walked in the room and told everyone it was time for dinner.

“C’mon, we’re having hamburgers tonight!” Ami said as she ran towards the dining room.

-------------

Trisha lay awake in her bed. The orphanage wasn’t as bad as she had thought. She’d met some new friends, and there was the “Gundam boy.” She smiled. It felt good to know that she wasn’t the only one who liked Gundams around here. She closed her eyes, trying to go to sleep; but she couldn’t. She stood up and got the box out of her dresser. She looked out the window at the dock, then took the Gundam model out of its box. She hugged it close and quietly tiptoed out of the room then outside to the dock.

She sat down, her toes barely touching the water below. The wind blew against her face as she read where she and her father had inscribed their initials on the Gundam.

“Couldn’t sleep?” a voice asked behind her.

Trisha quickly turned around to face the “Gundam boy.” She looked down at her Gundam model. “Yeah, I guess I wasn’t tired,” she said then looked back at the boy. “My name’s Trisha Bonar.”

Trowa nodded then sat down beside her, “People call me Nanashi.”

Trisha tilted her head slightly. “Nanashi? Surely you have a name,” she asked.

He shook his head, “If you must call me something, call me Trowa Barton.”

Trisha smiled slightly. She couldn’t imagine not having a name.

“That’s really good,” Trowa said, motioning towards the Gundam model. “Did you make it?”

Trisha nodded. “My dad helped me make it…before he left for the war. He called it Gundam Icestorm,” she said. It was hard to talk about this to anyone, but Trowa seemed to understand. “So, what are you doing out here?” she asked.

Trowa smiled, “Sometimes I can’t sleep either. I keep thinking of what my past might have been…” he paused, then smiled and looked up at the sky. “When I get older, I’m gonna become a Gundam pilot.”

Trisha and Trowa continued talking for about an hour before they both decided it was time to go back inside.

-------------

“No, you put this part on next,” Trisha said as she handed Trowa the right part and showed him where to put it.

Trisha and Trowa stood in the shed, model Gundam parts covering the table they were working at.

“Ok, so now can I put the guns in?” Trowa asked, a playful smile on his face.

Trisha laughed, “Yes…they go here.”

Trowa gave her a mock scowl, “I know! I’m not as dumb as I look!”

-------------

Trisha and Trowa spent more time with each other and quickly became close friends. Trowa continued reading books about Gundams and four years later, he finally got a chance to fulfill his dream-becoming a Gundam pilot.

Trowa smiled, “Hey, I’ll be back. Don’t worry.”

Trisha looked up at him, smiling slightly, “Yeah…that’s what my dad said.”

Trowa smiled then pulled something out of his pocket. He held it in his fist, so she couldn’t see what it was. She looked up at him, tilting her head slightly, a questioning look on her face.

Trowa smiled playfully, “Ok, close your eyes and hold out your hand.” He put the object in her hand, then said, “Ok, look.”

Trisha looked at the silver locket then back at Trowa’s emerald green eyes. “Thanks so much! I love it,” she said.

He put his hands in his pocket. “So…open it,” he suggested.

Inside was a picture of Trowa and Trisha standing on the dock where the first met. Trisha smiled. “Thanks. But your not the only one who brought a present,” she said as she brought out a small book from her jacket pocket. “Here,” she said as she handed him the book, How to Build a Gundam. “My dad wrote it. He gave me my own copy before he left.”

Trowa smiled then opened it and read the inside cover.

Trowa,
I’ll miss you while your gone. Maybe this will help you if your Gundam has any problems.
Your Friend,
Trisha

He looked back at Trisha. “Thanks,” he said. He looked back at the ground, nervously rubbing the back of his neck. “Uh…Trisha,” he started.

She tilted her head slightly, “Hmm?”

“I’m really glad you came to the orphanage. It’s been great having a friend…Well, I don’t know how to say this,” he said laughing from embarrassment.

Trisha looked up at him, “I’m glad I came too. What is it?”

He took a deep breath then took her hands, looking at her sea-green eyes. “I know it’s stupid to be saying this now, right before I leave,” he said, “but…I really like you. I mean, more than a friend.”

Trisha looked down for a moment then looked back up at Trowa. “I…really like you too,” she said, fighting back tears. “Oh, Trowa, why do you have to leave?”

“I’ll be back for you…I promise,” he said. He kissed her on the cheek, grabbed his bag, then started walking away.

“You better not forget, Trowa Barton, or I’ll never forgive you,” she yelled after him, smiling.

He turned around to wave, one last time, before her disappeared around the corner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Three years later-

Trisha sat at her desk in the warehouse of Marti’s Gundam Repairs. She opened the locket again, looking at the picture of her and Trowa. Tears filled her eyes but she quickly blinked them back. She heard the door open and quickly closed the locket. She smiled when she saw her most frequent customer-Duo Maxwell.

“Hey, Trisha,” he said. “I’m here to check on that stuff I ordered.”

She couldn’t help but smile The “stuff” was actually some very expensive Gundam parts. She never could figure out where Duo got the money for these things anyway. “Yeah, we got those in today. What do you need them for? I thought the war was over,” she asked as she led him to his order.

“Well, they want us on alert just in case there’s a small group still out there that doesn’t like the way we’re running things.”

Trisha sighed. She hoped there would not be another war. She had already lost two people. She bit her lower lip, thinking of Trowa and his promise.

Duo picked up the box, then looked at Trisha, a concerned expression on his face. “I’ll bring my Gundam by tomorrow. Uh, you ok?” he asked.

“I was just thinking about the two people I lost in the war.”

Duo sat down in a nearby chair, “Two? Your dad and…who was the other one?”

She sat down in the chair next to his, “When my dad died, I was sent to an orphanage. Me and this boy became good friends. Well, he left later to become a Gundam pilot.”

Duo stood and walked towards the door, shaking his head. “I’m really sorry. Well, I’ll be back tomorrow with my Gundam.”

“K, bye Duo,” she said.

-------------

Trowa thumbed through a book then looked up when he heard the door open. He set it down on the table. “Oh, hey Duo,” he said.

Duo set the box on the floor and sat down. “I still can’t get used to you four staying here,” he said with a laugh.

Trowa smiled then motioned at the box. “So, what’s that?” he asked.

“I went out to Marti’s Gundam Repair to get some parts for my Gundam. I’ll have to take it out there tomorrow.”

Trowa nodded then stood up. “Well, I’m going to get something to eat,” he said as he walked towards the kitchen.

Duo was still thinking about the incident with Trisha. “A Gundam pilot…” he thought, “Surely I would know him.” He spotted the book Trowa had been reading, How to Build a Gundam. He leaned across the table to grab it. He flipped through it then opened the inside cover. When he read Your Friend, Trisha he paused. “Trisha?” he thought to himself. “Wait, wasn’t Trowa in an orphanage?”

“Hey, Trowa,” he called out.

Trowa looked up from his food, “Yeah?”

“Didn’t you leave an orphanage to become a Gundam pilot?” Duo asked.

“Yeah, why?”

Duo paused, staring at the book. Was it just coincidence? “Did you know a Trisha Bonar?”

He looked up to see Trowa standing in the doorway leading to the kitchen. “Trisha?? How do you know her?”

Duo smiled. Never had he seen his normally calm and emotionless friend so worked up. “Yeah, she works at that repair shop.”

Trowa moved over to the table. “And you’ve known this for how long??” he asked.

“Uh…a couple of months,” Duo said, receiving a dirty look from Trowa. “Hey, how was I…” but before he could finish Trowa was out the door and on his way to the Marti’s Gundam Repairs.

-------------

Trisha wiped the oil off her hands. Building Gundams had been her dream, so why did she feel so empty? She stooped back down to work on the small, but complex Gundam part. She paused and closed her eyes. “Oh, Trowa. How I miss you,” she whispered.

She heard quiet footsteps behind her and reached for her gun. When the footsteps were right behind her, she stood up, quickly turned around, and pointed the gun at whoever had been trying to sneak up on her.

“So, I finally find you, and you’re trying to kill me.”

The gun fell to the floor, making a loud clang, but neither noticed. “Trowa…?” Trisha managed to whisper.

Trowa smiled and took her into his arms, “I’ve missed you.”

She brushed his hair out of his eyes, “I’ve missed you so much. I thought you were…dead.”

He looked down into her sea-green eyes and brushed the tears off her cheek, “I promised I’d come back for you. Not even death could keep me away.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


AN: So, what’d you think? I hope you liked it! If you did, feel free to e-mail me at JustImagine06 @ hotmail.com - I’d love to hear from you! If you didn’t like it, you can e-mail me too, but please, don’t be rude. Tell me what you didn’t like and what you think I should do to improve. Note-this doesn’t mean I will change the fic. I just like constructive criticism. Anywho, hopefully this will inspire some of you to write more with Trowa as the main character ;)
Trisha: but no love stories. Trowa’s mine!
Uh…right…you can write about anything you want :)